View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #367
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felias
Hello dear Geekmaster. I'm sorry but my English is not well.I was delighted by your guide on repairing Kindle and other devices. I think you are very competent person in matters of electronic devices and computers.I thought that maybe you could help me.

I need your help. Because in my country, nobody could help me = (. I have Kindle touch. After installing the application for the autorotation (firmware 5.1.0), I got a brick. I gave my Kindle to the service center (unofficial). But they could not repair my device, and now I can not run diagnostic mode on my Kindle by buttons "magic key".When I connected my Kindle to computer, I see new HID-device. But I can not run diagnostics with MFG-tool (i have wondows), command fails.I cannot run fastboot and main menu, command fails too.
Service said that the electronic chips are not broken, but they also do not know how to run diagnostics now =( I think they have curved hands.

Maybe you can tell me how to run the diagnostic mode on Linux. How and what command?

Thank you for your understanding dear Geekmaster=)
How did the service center try to repair it? If they damaged the diagnostic partition, you need to use MfgTool to go to fastboot mode, and then use fastboot to flash a new diagnostics partition (with SSH). Then you can use that to repair the kindle. Just do what the simple debricking thread says to do.

Start USB downloader mode with "magic key".
Start fastboot mode with MfgTool.
Flash diags partition and diags kernel with fastboot.
Flash main kernel with fastboot.
Boot to diags.
Flash main partition using diags SSH "dd" command.
Erase mmcblk0p3 using diags SSH "dd" command.
Set main boot mode with idme command.
reboot.
It should work. It worked for many people. See the "success reports" list in the "simple debricking" thread.

Details for above steps are provided in the "small debricking guide for noobs". Find in in master index/tools index. It is a PDF file...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote