View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I have for years wanted a coffee table with a Marklin Z-gauge train layout inside: minuscule towns and forests, lighting that tracked the sun, computer controls for the train, and of course a lid that lifts up so you can get the damn thing back on track (Z-gauge has its issues). This discussion has given me a different idea, and one probably somewhat more practical: It actually would not be all that expensive to build a coffee table around a moderately large computer monitor, much like the old cocktail table arcade games. Control would be from a laptop that slipped into a little docking slot on the side. It could do coffee-table books, or full-motion video, or just make like a picture frame.

Okay. Now I really want to build one. Really really really. I'm mentally inventorying my parts (from spare laptops to handy glass slabs) even as I type. I'll have to get a monitor....
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote