View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
joeman
joeman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation Mission Impossible for an E-Reader ?!

Guys,

I've been reading through the forum and one thing i'm glad about is that everyone is sharing info and experiences.

My story is short;

The moment the original Iliad got out i wanted one and bought one from the very beginning. I was quite happy with it, large screen and worked for most pdf ebooks. But after a couple of years i got alot of vertical lines appearing (not a crack or anything related to abuse). The unit never left the house, never hit or fell on the ground etc. Just one day after a couple of months of no usage i turned it on and the first few got visible. I paid a premium price of 749 euro for the unit and later the leather cover.

==

Now there are many e-readers outthere, one promising more than the other. But to be honest, i don't trust commercial review websites, i rather see what real people say about their real use of such e-readers.

So now my question is, what is the best e-reader outthere which has the biggest screen, good quality and support for some one like me who reads mostly pdf ebooks and want real native pdf support ?

Say my budget is 1000 euro.

Appreciate any help and i will continue reading on this great forum and other places to fullfil my quest.
joeman is offline   Reply With Quote