View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi Jeff,
I have the PRS-505, not the crowd your pinging but I can answer a few of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Support for Mobipocket format
Up until recently mobipocket was also my preferred format even over LRF. The main reason was because so I could configure the ebook to my liking. Calibre makes this process extremely easy. And is no more work than coping the file to the ebook.

Of course there is something to be said about having a device that naively supports a format.

Quote:
Right now I do much of my reading in bed in the dark, using a backlit PDA. I'd like a bigger screen, and that argues for the PRS-700 with its light. But I have a huge number of free titles on my computer already in Mobipocket format, and I like the format. That argues for a Cybook--or wait 3 months for a Kindle. (Or do a lot of conversions to Sony format.)
See this poster's review of his 700
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=1

Quote:
I know I could use a clip-on light for the 505 or the Cybook, but that gets us into clumsyland (and probably a light more likely to disturb my sleeping wife). I thought about the light wedge for the 505, but one strike against that for me is the limited zoom on the font size.
I tried several solutions here. The best solution by far is the light wedge SONY sells, but the wedge scratches very easily.

Don't worry about the font size if you are converting you can set your default base size to your liking. I rarely use a different font size on converted files. While on PDF I do tend to zoom more.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote