Thread: Error epubcheck
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buble View Post
Ok, sure, here is my file :
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...7083206/964e22
I would love not to do it "by hand" but I don't know how to do it in an other way : "my" Calibre doesn't purposes me to edit the books (it just makes the conversion), and I did mine with word (conversion to html) and then RJ textedit where I put the css in an other file, and create the content.opf and the toc.ncx... But if you know a software or have a better solution, of course I take it !
Thanks for your support.
Ok, a couple of things:

1) The file PHEN_c0.xhtml was indeed not manifested in the OPF file. Nor was it included in the spine. It was referenced in the NCX, so I assume you wanted it to be a part of the epub.

2) The contents of the PHEN_c0.xhtml file appeared to be a duplication of the beginning of the PHEN_livre.xhtml file. I assume you wanted to remove that content from the "main" xhtml file and put it into its own separate "chapter" file.

So I added a manifest entry for the PHEN_c0.xhtml file in the OPF, added its ID to the spine section of the OPF (after the cover page) and removed the duplicate content from PHEN_livre.xhtml.

If you want to continue this manually--though calibre now comes with its very own editor included--remember these steps when "splitting" into individual chapters:

1) Remove the content from the main file and paste into its own file.
2) Add a manifest entry (and unique ID) to the opf for the newly created file.
3) Add the ID of the manifest entry above to the spine section of the OPF.

and optionally:

4) Modify the toc.ncx file to point the navpoint to the new chapter file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Human Heritage and competitiven - Yves Barou.epub (1.97 MB, 149 views)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote