View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
It wouldn't work since the cover tag is automatically applied only when there is exactly 1 image in the file.

But this won't be a problem anymore in the next release.
Meme:

You mean--if we're on the same page here (yuk...I can never resist bad puns) that even if he has an empty file/chapter in front of the one containing the image, that the one containing the image will be semantically marked cover, regardless?

Then I defer to Ducky's suggestion-add a transparent image, or add something--a colophon, whatever--to the "not-cover" page, and force the issue that way.

I did not realize, all this way down the road, that you lads had added this, um..."functionality." I confess--I don't much like it. Really, if someone's too dumb to mark their cover, isn't that their problem? Are we starting to bob for Apples here, dumbing down the program? WHY does it do this, and what was the purpose? I mean--what was the thinking behind this, other than some view that we have to protect those who don't learn how to make their books properly, if I may ask?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote