View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The $9.99 'cap' is true for most 'bestsellers' that are coming out as a hardcover equivalent, but from what I've observed they have plenty of books that are within $1 plus of minus of prices elsewhere. Depends on what you're reading.
This is true, Most of the books I read are Financial/Investment books so they are all mostly $15-$60 (Most being in the $40 range)
So the cap does appeal to me as most of the finance books I'm interested in do have a cap. There are some that just do not have any cap and only reduce the price by 15%
Most other competitors only take off 15% tops, sony takes off on an average 30% but that is still much more expensive than amazon.

1/3 of the books I read are leisure and I have found that most stores have competitive in prices in these books. Unfortunately this is not the main reason why I bought a reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
There are scripts to decript .azw files now.
Are these the mobi scripts?
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote