View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
. I'm sure Android will eventually mature enough to be a decent OS, but it is not even close to that yet.
Jack,

I disagree with some of your statements.

I would say that Android 3.0 needs additional work, and it's almost ready. But Froyo is a very stable platform with a lot of useful and good applications, most of them free or very low price. I have never had any major crash with my Galaxy Tab or HTC cellphone which I did with the Nook Color, which by the way, runs Android under the hood. The problem is, like you can infer from my comment, the apps themselves or custom UI like the one B&N developed for the NC. This is something that even when I don't see as right or good, is working for Apple; they are so close and strict with their Apple market that the end results is a platform which is really stable and strong. So, don't understand from where you get the comment that Android is not ready yet, when you don't even own or use an stock Android device, like GT.

I also don't think the iPad is a bad ereader either, because the iPad it is not an ereader, it is a tablet. You can download some apps and use it as an ereader but it is not locked like stock NC is. For about $500.00 I think that if you buy an iPad just and only for read books you are wasting your money (or you have money to waste)

It would be interesting how would you rate a stock iPad vs a stock NC ;-) ... that's much more fair and should give a user an idea of what they get out of the box.

Or... if you are into comparing full fledge tablets, regardless of price, the NC vs the GT , lol , and see what the opinion is going to be.

Last edited by jocampo; 03-19-2011 at 05:04 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote