View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #66
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
For the Shortcut-part of the story I am working on a new hack that is similar to the MustRead-functionality that I had on the R1.7.1. This allows to tag new documents that will show in the MustRead-view and once they are read are removed from it. (Sometimes you add a document to the DR that you want to read when you have some time in the future, so you add it to a 'mustread'-view and can quickly find it later.

Moving files on the DR would indeed be a cool extension. The problem is that the current file-dialogs on the DR are a little cumbersome, so a dedicated DR folder/file selection widget would be nice to have to create the move-file feature.

I am also working on a hack that allows you change the title and author on the DR AND to block UDS from updating title and author each time you open a (pdf-)document that has embedded author and title properties.

All to follow somewhere in the future...

Marcel.
That would be the best way, of course, but to use it on a DR800 I'd have to port/translate all your other changes... That's something that I have in my TODO list, but not at top...

I tend to use shorcuts as MustRead (or favourite) view, so I was thinking on a simple external application, "INBOX Manager":

Code:
1. read <sd_card>/INBOX folder contents (files or directories)
2. create a treeview with 4 columns: 
    - chosen_destination? toggle or icon (not editable, false by default)
    - file/directory name (not editable)
    - create_shorcut? toggle or icon (editable)
    - destination path (null by default, hidden)
3. if user tap over a row a destination selection dialog is showed, which would fill 
    the 4th column with the selected path and mark the 1st one
4. before closing, loop over the files/dirs
    - if chosen_destination is marked:
      . move file/dir from INBOX to its destination path
      . if create_shortcut -> create shorcut
    . run mdbindex to reindex files. It would remove old entried from INBOX indeeed (so no need to play with the DB
I think I can code it in Lua in a few hours.

What do you think?
Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote