View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
.............. I have finally had it fixed !

I contacted the publisher about the "missing book cover".

They apparently fixed a problem, but Kobo still couldn't get it to show the cover so I gave them the email address of the publisher and the name of the nice woman I had dealt with and "suggested" their Tier 2 Support sort it out with her.....

I noticed yesterday that the book now has a lovely yellow book cover art, so contacted Kobo yet again

By Kobo removing the book from my Kobo account library, then me re-synching Desktop. Then Kobo adding the book again to my account library and me re-sycnching Desktop yet again....hey presto it's ok !!!

(I reckon I should make a claim for salary from Kobo considering the work I had to do to get back what I paid for )

Whilst scouring their library for more books I noticed the apparent (?) increase in these black cover books, and indeed some of the free books I have downloaded show thus not only in my library but on Kobo's website.

There are even some in their display of "recommended" books.

It's like a disease, creeping from book to book through Kobo's library.

I don't think many customers will buy a book with a plain black cover !
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote