Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #1282
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Still working on rolling out the firmware to Kobo Touch users. While most of the software is shared, we do have some hardware / engineering variances that require us to test across multiple models before releasing updates for the Kobo Touch device.

Unfortunately I've said that a few times now and people are probably tired of hearing it

So, the next time I talk about 2.1.4 for Kobo Touch, I'll be telling you it's released
Yes, I guess we are very tired about hearing it especially as on 2nd September you stated "As usual, I can't share exact timeframes for when the software will be available, but please know that it's not far off." Not far off I would interpret as soon e.g. a couple of weeks. We are now already over a month later. I presume we can expect confirmation of a release at least somtime in October, or is this too much to ask?

I agree you will have "some hardware / engineering variances that require us to test across multiple models before releasing updates for the Kobo Touch device". But we are not talking Windows 8 here which has a huge number of possible variations in hardware combinations to deal with. I would expect such testing also to have been done in tandem, you can't surely be implying that you have released 2.1.4 for the Glo and Mini and are only now getting around to checking it out on the other platforms?
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote