View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthepom View Post
Thanks for the reply, I have thought along those lines too but it raises other issues. Do you manually update your MSTR_FMT column or do you have a way of automatically filling it in when you add new books? Is there a way of telling Calibre to choose a particular original file based on that column when converting?
I have family members of varying technical aptitude (and patience!) who use the library, so the more automated the process the better.

Would be much simpler if there was a way to ask Calibre not to save a local copy when it sends a book to a device.

Cheers

Tom
MSTR_FMT is manual (and what is there is subject to change if I get a better master)

How about making a Batch file attached to Open With Menu that passes the book name to the CLI and directs the output to an attached drive (your device)
the only problem I see is that Open With expects a specified, Single format to operate upon
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote