View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
I didn't know about the .TTC fonts at all.
That was the discovery that prompted me to create the thread.
I was looking for a tool to convert ttc to ttf and I kept finding pages with detailed steps for installing the "Vista fonts" on Linux. Many of those detailed walk-throughs included script that simply renamed the CAMBRIA.TTC to CAMBRIA.TTF, so I gave it a try. And since PocketBook basically runs generic Linux stuff ... it worked. Perhaps even Guys In Kiev (TM) do not know yet that it works ;-)

I keep playing with fonts on my PocketBook looking for THE perfect one. It is strange, I never noticed the font while I was reading paper books. I also accepted the fonts that came with my Sony Reader PRS-500. But now, that I can try various ones, I am noticing the little things. I am also learning quite a few things about various types of serif fonts.
The other day I even gathered quite a few of my favourite paper books from cheapest paperbacks to quality hardbacks, from my childhood favourites to the newest ones and I was comparing fonts. In some cases I was very surprised what I used to consider to be an acceptable font ;-)
At the moment I am alternating between Droid, Gentium, Linux Liberation, Linux Libertine and Deja-vu fonts while trying out other stuff in between.
By the way, do you know a nice slab-serif that can be downloaded for legally for private use in Regular, Bold, Italics and BoldItalics variant?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote