View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #39
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Interesting. The Kobo Glo screen is better than the PW screen, except that it doesn't dim as much. That's a big deal.

On another note, a new Sony is almost certainly coming out by autumn. I personally will be waiting for that. I'm expecting Sony to learn form the mistakes from the other producers and producing a superior illuminated e-reader.

Both screens are fantastic and equal, in my opinion.

When you state that the Kobo Glo screen is "better than the PW screen," then this is simply your opinion.

When you state that the Kobo Glo does not dim as much, this is a verified finding here at MobileRead and in other reviews across the net. However, I find that my Kobo Glo dims enough to be fine for night reading in bed. My Paperwhite is also fine for reading at night. Both units are excellent. I do, however, prefer the firmware stability of the Paperwhite.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-08-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote