View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Do you mean that changing the Original font mapping will invalidate embedded fonts in ebook files? If then, I agree that it's better left alone.

I wish in the Sony internal Settings, there is a default font choice setting as well as the (current) default font size setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a default font size setting someplace in the options.

Yes, changing original will change the original look of the ePub. It may not invalidate embedded fonts. It depends on how they are set in the CSS.
When changing font, the "serif" and "sans-serif" font-families are overridden, so any text that uses one of those (i.e. hasn't specified an explicit font-family) is rendered in the selected font.

However, as far as I know, if a book has its own @font-face declarations, they override any ones (of the same font-family) previously generated by the reader (which is why fonts with @font-face declarations look the same no matter what font is chosen in the select-a-font)? If the embedded fonts as declared as font-family="not serif or sans-serif" they won't be affected by the select-a-font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This new mod works quite well overall. I did find one bug. When using the fonts.xml file to add/change what fonts are available via Sony's menu, after I select one of my installed fonts, the name displayed as to what font it is is a different name. The last font in the list gave me a title of Verdana.
Do you mean above the font sizes, like shown here? That's what I meant with
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkl
As you can see, the "Selected Font Type" thingy does not show the custom font name for now; it consists of a bunch of hard coded button resources and so requires a bit of extra work to replace.
I'm well aware of it and I will fix it in a not too distant future I hope
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote