View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #1461
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think that will work. There is no way to get any sort of agreement on which is the best. If you go through the device specific threads, there will be posts where someone claims it is the best firmware followed by someone with exactly the same device saying it is the worst. A simple example is 3.16.10 and 3.17.0. If you had no PDFs on your device, sickel probably never kicked in and you wouldn't have known it existed. But, if you had PDFs, or even worse added a new PDF that triggered sickel, you would keep getting restarted.

Another example is the ratings. Kobo removed this from sideloaded books a while ago. I know at least one person who is not upgrading because of that. I personally liked the ratings and hesitated before updating. But my guess is that most people never noticed it and are wondering what I am talking about.

Recommending against a firmware is probably easier. I'm willing to say that no-one should use either 3.16.10 or 3.17.0. But, recommending 3.16.0 or 3.17.3 is a lot harder.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote