View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #7
katzz
katzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As I said, the fact that you filter for "Docs" doesn't impact collections, which is why you see the collection on the Homescreen. And inside that collection, no more filtering on the cdeType is done, which is why you see both EBOK & PDOC files (and yeah, you might have side loaded them, but I'm guessing they have an EBOK cdeType, so you'll have to check how you proceeded to set up Calibre if you intended for them to end up as PDOC ).
I don't know how to explain myself any further. Look at this screenshot again and then at the second one.

The whole "Vampire Chronicles"-collection was listed under the "Docs"-category. When clicking the collection, no personal-tags have been visible on the ebooks themselves.

Just seconds ago I sent the files over again, following this advice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
you have [PDOC] in the setting *and* [PDOC] as a tag for the book you want marked as PDOC?
and now look at what happened.

As you can see, I managed to but them into "Docs" again, but now there's the [personal]-badge visible, which hasn't been there before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I agree that the given examples of using "[PDOC]" can be confusing. Personally, I prefix "special" tags (those used to make automagic stuff happens, like PDOC or Kindle Collections) with a "+", so that output setting is set to "+Doc" for me. If I ever tag a book with "+Doc" in Calibre, and then send it *over USB, via Calibre's "Send To Device"*, it will end up with a PDOC cdeType (and thus fall in the "Docs" filter of the Homescreen, and get the "Personal" banner on FW 5.X).

You don't need to do a conversion, and it won't actually change a thing, the change is applied to the metadata of the file during the "Send To Device" process (or a Save To Disk). (i.e. it only applies to the on-device file, or the exported file).
I actually already knew this, but was distracted for a moment. Like you said, the tags are just applied to the copy that is stored on the device. Not the file in my library.

Last edited by katzz; 05-14-2014 at 07:21 PM.
katzz is offline   Reply With Quote