View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I admit to being in a quandary over the issue. The iRex as announced is almost just what I want but . . .
  1. I do not like the idea of needing to rely on the stylus
  2. The New York Times isn't available for it (I'm talking about an e-version of the daily p-version, not what appears at the NYT website)
  3. I'm concerned about iRex support

The Sony presents me with similar and different issues.
  1. The New York Times isn't available for it
  2. No access to the B&N store's DRM scheme
  3. Possible glare (not sure about this; I haven't seen a Sony touchscreen model yet)

The decision is complicated by 2 additional factors.
  1. The Plastic Logic vaporware. My hestation with this device (besides it being vaporware at the moment) is that PL has no customer satisfaction/tech support track record nor does any PL device have any quality track record. And I don't know if the NY Times will be one of its partners.
  2. My Sony 505. It works perfectly and I am very happy with it. The only 2 problems are that it doesn't support the B&N DRM and it is too small for the NY Times even if the Times were available. But I could easily go on with my p subscription to the Times and reading books on the 505 for years to come.

So, I will wait for the Sony 900 and compare it to the iRex, and probably still procrastinate.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote