View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #11
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
Since you're running the Cool-er firmware you should be able to skin yours the same way I did with a genuine Cool-er - check out the link in my signature for more info.
Since you mention it - I already tried. Either I did something wrong(which certainly is possible), or there is more difference than it seems.
The device was left unusable, required new firmware.

The result is the same wether I put the files on the SD card or onto the internal memory(that is, the part of it that is visible once connected via USB).

Simply restarting it (turning off, turning on) doesn't seem to do anything.
Pressing the two buttons(Center and Return) like I do when reinstalling the firmware seems to ruin the device.

Not sure if I tried with only pressing the center button, perhaps that would have an effect.

Mind giving me a step-by-step guide for dummies, so I can make certain I do it right?
Especially the last part - rebooting. Sounds simple, but apparently isn't. Maybe I'm merely missing the obvious.

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 12-18-2009 at 02:25 AM.