View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Since I got my Kindle, I've switched to ebooks. I too have some paperbacks left over, they'll probably end up donated to the library unread. If a book is not an ebook form, I don't buy it.

Just like with paperbacks, I do have price limits. Before I waited for the paperback edition/price, now I wait for the ebook version with paperback prices. I'll pay a premium for a favorite author only out in hardback, but nothing over $9.99.

I don't understand some publishers. I like the Stephanie Plum series. And if they had released a $9.99 version at the same time as the hardcover, I would have bought it. They've finally released an ebook version for $15. Why should I pay $15 when I can get a used copy for $2.44?

So in some ways, ebooks have changed my reading habits in that I'm giving up old favorites and finding new ones. I think someday we may see more authors self-publishing and cutting out publishers altogether.

Diane
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote