View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have to say it, but YUCK. The idea of reading text, RTF and Word books on my Touch or Glo when I can have nicely formatted epubs, is horrible.

As to speed, I normally have between 200 and 300 books. It starts low and climbs as I add books. After a while a reason comes up to do a reset. But I have put an SD card in with 500 extra books. I didn't see an real performance issues with that. And there are several people here who have reported having 5000 books. Their issue has been the finding the books in the lists and the use of shelves.

If you think the issue is the covers, you could probably fix this with a change in the database on the device. There is a table that contains all the book details. One of the columns is an image id. Setting that to NULL for a book means that the device doesn't generate cover images for that book. The covers shown will be the same text covers as the books you are reading.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote