View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
eBuk
eBuk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300 [B&N Nook Color or Huawei S7]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I didn't really like the design of the Huawei, and am not a big fan of resistive screens. I think $300 is asking a bit much for it.

As far as the nook color goes, I like the design and the screen MUCH better! And, it looks like it is about to be rooted, and then you will be able to install the apps of your choice on it, which will make it a full functioning tablet.

If however the nook color still doesn't appeal to you, I think the Pocketbook IQ is a great value at $150 and will do much of what the Huwaei will do. It also has a very nice design.

Just my 2 cents
Thank you for your comments and thoughts. Yes, the NookColor was just rooted which is great but it still needs a little bit more for me...

What I like about the Huawei S7 is as follows:

1. 7" touch screen (it's not capacitive but it's still incredibly responsive)
2. Full Tablet (not just a dedicated ebook reader)
3. Full Access to Android Market
4. Bluetooth
5. GPS
6. Phone
7. WiFi
8. Web Browsing
9. Android 2.2 release promised
10. Movie playback/support
11. Music playback/support
12. Full EBOOK reader (with multiple choices of reader programs)
13. Email
14. Calendar
15. Documents
16. 2 Cameras (front & back)
17. Video Chat
18. Instant Messaging
19. Voice Chat
Etc...

It'll be more than just an ebook reader for me.

It's set to take the place of my cellphone, dedicated ebook reader (on the go), my smartphone, my GPS AND my laptop (on the go). So it's worth the $299 to me.

(It's $50 more than the Nook Color but adds way more than $50 worth of functions (GPS, Bluetooth, Phone, Andorid Market, etc).)

I'm leaning towards getting one for Xmas... I'd just like to know if anyone has one or is considering one.

Thanks

Last edited by eBuk; 11-30-2010 at 09:15 PM.
eBuk is offline   Reply With Quote