View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
I'd like to chime in, with the following observation:
By typical internet standards, even the most heated discussions to date here in the Conservatory have been surprisingly polite!
I wish we could do better, as do we all. But this is really a surprisingly well mannered crowd!

Xenophon

P.S. Since, of course, I could never possibly offend anyone with any of my writings -- they're all the only sane opinion on the topics in question, after all -- no one will ever need to ask me to tone it down.

More seriously, call me on it if it's needed. Please.
I don't know about other Forums, so I can't judge and/or comment. I do know about this Forum, as I've been a Moderator for over two years. We sometimes have to step in and calm down a conversation, and that almost always works and then the discussion continues and all is well with the world.

Moving on, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't mention that on occasion, I've been perceived as rude - in both remarks and in my subject matter. For example, in another area of MobileRead, I find enjoyment in writing about dead, moldy things and pondering the improbable absurdities of daily living. But that's just my crazy side, which is bent backwards and sideways. I won't apologize to anyone for my crazy views. Don't like them? Don't read them.

When my rudeness is brought to my attention, I attempt to make an apology. I notice that's not true of everyone, however. I will not, though, be drawn into an ideological confontation whereby I perceive that the other correspondant wishes to be argumentative in his or "attack."

I do agree with you that most of us behave rather well: We're thoughtful and helpful, and our discussions generate interest and advice, and generally good feelings all around.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote