Thread: JetBook
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #43
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
[QUOTE=Nate the great;164136]I got a reply from Ectaco. The Jetbook supports PDF, TXT, GIF, JPG, MP3. They are working on an ebook format. I replied with a suggestion that they add FBReader.
QUOTE]

But how WELL does it support pdf, is my question. I have tried the Palm TX, the Sony, etc. To date, the best pdf support I have found in a mobile device (for standard pdf's distilled for the desktop) is the nokia n810. It's small enough to carry around easily, and desktop-sized pdf's are very legible on it. Plays movies well, too. Wish it would read .chm's without decompiling.

Sort of annoying- carry a clunky laptop around, and you are able to watch movies, read pdf's, connect to the net. Can't do all of this with just one of the smaller devices.....

I am still very disappointed with the Sony reader's "pdf support." When are they going to fix this problem? I bought deskUNPDF, but conversion to .lrf with this software still has formatting problems....
wgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote