View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Thanks for your reply. I've just clicked on your Literat Book link. I see that it has serifs. According to Lexend.com, serifs add cognitive noise.
And yet I prefer reading with a serif font. The problem is that font choice is a very personal item. I may love a font and read with it for hours while another person may look at it and go "Yuck!". You may want to read with a sans serif font and that's your choice.

My personal feeling is that at small font sizes (i.e., the body font in an ebook), serif fonts are easier to read. Headers and other bits of text using a larger font size often look better in a sans-serif font.

As for the opinion at lexend.com, are you sure you want to quote someone who feels that italic and/or bold are not needed? Though I would love to see a proper definition of cognitive noise other than saying it's a buzzword (buzz phrase?).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote