Thread: Blank Lines
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #49
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A break of an entire line, so that, for example, a passage of dialogue with lots of short lines is, in effect, "double spaced"? That just looks "wrong" to me.
I agree, Harry. For most of the ebooks I read, there is very often only one paragraph break per page and that becomes tedious for me for some reason if there are no blank lines. But The Wind In The Willows, for example, contains lots of short dialogue and in that case I find a full blank line between paragraphs rather annoying. I think I would quite like the ability to control that property myself.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote