View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
Thanks tech_au, astra,Over,Mrgauth,Elsi, I will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Presumably you've read "The Lord of the Rings"? The original fantasy "classic", and still hard to beat.
Yes I read them long time before. But they are not my favorite... I must be picky, because I also not a fan of "The Chronicles of Narnia".

@Peadar Ó Guilín
I did read Farseer before, but stopped at the second volume.

@wayspooled
I like Memory, Sorrow & Thorn very much, although it is a little slow in pace. I didn't finish Shadowmarch... American Gods actually is not my style, but the plot is great. wayspooled, can you recommend some book similar to MS&T? I assume your taste is not far from mine

I must explain why I stopped reading on so many classics. You may already find out, English is not my native language, so it's not easy to continue if I don't like some book after 20 pages. And because most of them came from library, I have no pressure to stop reading. We have a saying in Chinese "book can only be read if borrowed", or should we say bought?

Last edited by dracodoc; 04-13-2009 at 11:10 AM.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote