View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #68
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Eh. GR is what you make of it. Develop a few cronies; see what they're reading and swap recommendations and comments; use it to search for books and track, evaluate and organize your reading. Handy site; I enjoy it.
Amen.

And I think as an author you can still use the site to your advantage despite the zealous and sensitive nature of some of the genre "tribes" you can come across.

I'm in a couple of book clubs there and I do some cataloguing and listing as well as post my indie reviews and follow some blogs of some authors I like. Just like Facebook and other sites, you can make it into what works for you.

This thread did have some interesting info about the ratings though. It would never have occurred to me to use a rating measurement to indicate level of interest prior to consumption.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote