View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Same here, I pick and choose my components. I get a much better machine, tailored to my needs, at a lower price than a ready-made one.
Same here. Dear Hubby has built almost all our computes from scratch since just before tape drives came in. We have a Gateway upstairs, but it's just a cheap backup computer we inherited.

Otherwise our desktops are home made and we change out/upgrade parts for holidays and anniversaries. I got a solid state hard drive for part of my Christmas present.

We had an Mac once just to play with, the one that had all the parts in the monitor, and when it burned out there was no way for us to open it and fix it. Just having Apple look at it was going to cost us. We just tore it apart to get out the DVD that was stuck in it (with no DVD reject button on the machine!) and tossed it.

We put the money into upgrading our non-Apple desktops instead of replacing it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote