View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
atanner
atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tax questions for non-US authors

Hello All,

I was wondering how non-US based authors deal with the US "withheld tax" issue when you sell your books via Amazon...

Questions:

1) If you are in the UK/Europe...isn't it just possible to limit your sales to all domains EXCEPT amazon.com (thus amazon.de, .co.uk, .it, .es) and make your books available ONLY via European channels? If this would be so, are there other tax issues you have to deal with (as an EU resident) if you only make your books available via European Amazon sites or is it just a matter of paying your local taxes, VAT and that's it?

2) Has anybody here ever gotten past the red tape of getting your US taxes back? I say this, because the way I understand it...every time you sell a book on amazon.com, if you are not in the US, you just lost 30% of your revenue...which is of course, undesirable...

Thanks
atanner is offline   Reply With Quote