View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokindle View Post
how do I transfer epub books from my kobo to kindle book format. I dragged them over usb to documents in the kindle.. but it appears that kindle won't recognize them...
anyone help out here?
You'll need Calibre (there's a forum here on Mobileread), and a plug-in for it to remove DRM (NOT something we can give you instructions for here. You'll need to google Apprentice Alf.)

The good news is that this is not particularly difficult, just tedious. Which is why many of us do the DRM removal as a normal part of our new book workflow. It's easier to deal with in one's and two's than to do the 700+ books I have all at once.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote