View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I have no idea how much access most soldiers have to computers or internet. Electricity for charging is likely available, but a solar charger would bypass that need.

I can't speak for British soldiers, but my brother just shipped out to Iraq and he has pretty regular access to both internet and electricity. He had much more limited access during training while on base in the States.

However, I tried to give him an ereader before he left, and he turned me down saying it wasn't as portable as a small paperback (he can't fit any of the ereaders into the calf pocket on his uniform pants), and he was afraid of getting sand into it or cracking the screen during travel. So there went my idea for the perfect going-away gift! And I was all excited about sending books overseas on an SD card or via email...
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote