View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Thanks, everyone, for all your help with this. I set my friend up with the Kindle and Overdrive apps, and that was really as far as she wanted to go. But the advice I got here made the installation/teaching process go very smoothly.

And since I'm considering getting an iPad myself, it will help me in the future too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Although Stanza is the best ereader application on iPad, as your friend wants no fuss, tell her to just download her Kindle purchases in Kindle app, library books in whatever app handles them and don't worry about much else. If she is one of the lucky minority (looking at this board, we are a minority) who don't mind backlit screen, she'd be all right. I despise eink (cheap and nasty) but love reading on my sleek, responsive and brilliant iPad!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote