View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
calibre is an ebook management application. The Kindle for Mac application is also an ebook management application. Pick one for managing your files. Since both need to have a copy in it's respective library you will end up with two copies. Any changes you make in calibre will not be available in the Kindle app and vise versa.

If you use calibre to send the file to your iPad then only the calibre file will be used / matter.
Yes.. I had to change my thinking as for months I have been using Stanza (desktop and iPad) and it has no library so when launched from Calibre it was using he Calibre file. "Rut thinking" (stuck in rut) I call it. Had to start using Kindle so I could manage my annotations as Stanza has no way to retrieve from iPad.

I typically download my books thru iTunes (usb connection) and not via Calibre.

I'll continue to use calibre and manage my .mbp file separately as calibre is one of my favorite programs.

Again... thanks for your information. I think I'm getting a working "system" in place. I didn't want to highlight, note, and bookmark dozens of books only to not have something NOT work...... and only to NOT understand exactly what's going on.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote