Thread: Troubleshooting Downloading Items Stuck
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
I accumulated about 26 personal files that I had sent through my Kindle email address, so I connected to wi-fi tonight to collect them onto my Kindle 4. 25 of the files downloaded fine, but the last one (which was quite large) got stuck at 88% and remains in my Downloading list. Problem is, I didn't realize it was stuck, so I deleted it already from my files on Amazon's Manage Your Kindle page.

I've restarted the Kindle and resynced and even sent a new personal document through hoping it would kick the deleted file off the list, but nothing has helped. Is this something that will eventually resolve itself or is there anything I can do to make the file disappear from the Downloading list?
I'm not familiar with K4, but I assume it is much like Kindle Keyboard: there's no way to cancel a download in progress. I believe if you de-register the Kindle (on the device or on MYK), it will get flushed from the download queue. Confirm this on MYK page, and then re-register to the same account.

One of the virtues of KT and KPW is that you can cancel downloads on the device.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote