Thread: ePub to Word
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
ePub to Word

The background to this question is that the usual work plan when I design an ebook is

- The publisher and author work together until they have a Word version of the book which is ready for the printer,
- I design an ePub ebook from that Word document, and then make a Kindle version by converting with calibre.

For an ebook which is nearly finished we have followed an unusual work plan because the author wanted to make extensive changes, so she and I have worked together and made the changes. This means of course that the text in the original Word document is quite different from the text and format in the ebooks, and it would be a mammoth task for the publisher to read the ebook and type out a new ready for printer Word document.

Is there any software which can read the finished ePub version and create a ready for printer Word document from the ePub version?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote