View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Hey m-reader:

The 2 largest electronics shops in HK are Fortress and Broadway [think BestBuy, CircuitCity, etc]. Service can vary from awesome to pathetic, same as everywhere int he world. Pricing? TBH, I have seen prices in HK for this stuff go way up in recent years. There was a time not so long ago where computer gear was noticeably cheaper in HK. Not anymore I am afraid. I bought an Asus laptop in HK that definitely cost me 100USD more than it would have in NYC/USA.

The big tablet players here of course are iPad and Samsung. BB Playbook isn't here yet [which, as a devoted BB user of 10+ years kinda ticks me off]. What are you looking for? In any case, Fortress and Broadway sound like the best bets for you. Good selection, multiple stores and yes, you can still haggle a bit if you choose [hint: hard cash is KING in HK]. Also, at those places absolutely zero fear about knockoff merchandise. They guarantee it.

Drop me a line via PM if you wish. Perhaps we can email and, schedules permitting, meet for drink/coffee when you get to HK. When do you plan to arrive and what district will you be staying in?

cheers and good luck and enjoy HK!
-les

EDIT:
Pro-tip - getting hot and humid as hell here now so be advised
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote