Thread: Authors' Lists?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLou View Post
I am puzzled as to why identically cut and pasted authors' names are seperated in the Authors' Listing. Having conquered iTunes I know that the smallest difference can make a big difference to what is displayed, so that is why I copy and paste so that each entry in the the authors' name is identical, yet several become seperated in the alphabetical listings! even 'seperating' series info (in authors view not series view).

Is there a method of entering this info to make all work belonging to one individual author appear together?, am I missing something?
A different Author sort value (than the contents of Author would generate) will also cause this. Edit Meta data, click the Author sort button.
Save

Subtle differences can also make this happen.
Mccaffery vs McCaffery
Similar looking characters (font dependent): 1 or l or I , O or 0
And spacing between words J.K. Rowling or J. K. Rowling
Period and coma placement

to Fix highlight all titles that should have the EXACTLY the same Author(s)
Now click Edit Meta data button (Now in bulk mode)
Start typing the Author Name in the Author box, you will be presented with a list you can pick from. Choose or type what you want if they are all wrong.
Save

Beware, the invisible trailing space (the insertion cursor will be away from the last character if you press End ( I found some of mine in the debug error logs: "name " not "name" as it should have been.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote