View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Oscar Berke
Oscar Berke began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Calibre, iPad & itunes not synching correctly

Is anyone else having this problem?
I have iPhones, Ipads and windows 7 pcs running all versions of 8.x so far. I added some epub format books to calibre that I had downloaded from internet. They read fine in almost any reader and Calibre reads then fine. I can also add them directly to my iPad from Calibre using content server. following the procedure in faq listed below. They show up in my library shelf fine on the ipad and my ipad can open them fine. My problem is that when I sync my iPad with the my pc they are never added to my books in itunes, so if I ever have to upgrade my ios or restore from backup, they will not there to restore from. Is there a way to fix this?

I really would like to use content server instead of the connect to itunes method, but this seems to be a bug that I cant get past.

Process for adding to ipad using content server:
"Using iBooks
Start the Safari browser and type in the IP address and port of the computer running the calibre server, like http://192.168.1.2:8080/
Replace 192.168.1.2 with the local IP address of the computer running calibre. If you have changed the port the calibre content erver is running on, you will have to change 8080 as well to the new port. The local IP address is the IP address you computer is assigned on your home network. A quick Google search will tell you how to find out your local IP address.
You will see a list of books in Safari, just click on the epub link for whichever book you want to read, Safari will then prompt you to open it with iBooks."
Oscar Berke is offline   Reply With Quote