View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
dos
Enthusiast
dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
Kobo reader can display graphics in epub files. So, I wonder if this is publisher's fault for incorrectly formatting the epub file?

On the other hand the given example doesn't even require graphics as it is a simple text box. And here is a well known bug (or you can call it a feature) in Kobo epub rendering that it ignores centered block text attribute. That explains why you can see this text on your computer but not on Kobo. I too think that this should have been fixed long time ago.
All the graphics present in the book are missing, text boxes or otherwise. In fact, all the graphics, in every book that is available in Kobo's proprietary format are missing, because the format does not support graphics.

Everything looks fine when I load the ePub into my Kobo (after breaking the DRM and using Calibre to make it look fine on the Kobo, thanks to the ePub margin bug that requires consumers to break the DRM on things they purchased from the Kobo store so that they display correctly on the Kobo reader *wild applause*). This is strictly a problem with Kobo's proprietary format (protip: the problem is it sucks).

Last edited by dos; 10-14-2010 at 07:12 AM.
dos is offline   Reply With Quote