View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There's a few that I'd like but all my paper ones are packed for the move. Since they offer an ebook+pbook bundle for only a few dollars more than the pbook alone, I suspect that may be a regular thing. I hope so.

As for the sale, they got me for $70 ... which is something like $250 worth of ebooks. Got a couple I'd been looking at in paper but couldn't justify dropping $35 on, and a few other goodies. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to download all of them. "Due to heavy server volume you may experience trouble downloading your ebooks." I assume "heavy server volume" == "every geek in the known universe disposing of all their disposable income on the O'Reilly site right now."

This is my day for deals -- I was looking for a particular garden plant, and just happened to hit a short-term sale on a nursery's website, and ended up with over $100 of plants for under $30, too. I'm dangerous around a sale; I'm not really sure if I actually need an olive tree, but now I've got one. Or will, anyway, once it's delivered.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote