View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #26
snark.shark
snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Has anybody tried to root in the firmware 1.3.1 ? I'm willing to try to root my recent bought nook, but it came with this firmware launched after those steps to root...
Hi. I also need to know if there are updated instructions for Firmware 1.3.1.

I just acquired a used Nook Glowlight--quite foolishly not checking enough to hear about the stupid partitioning--and I really want to fix that little problem.

idefix0815's instructions on xda seem great (I have a flavor of Linux already on one computer) but when I get to the part where it talks about using one of his batch files to uncover the hidden partitions and show them all (NINE of them he says!) it just doesn't succeed. I'm not a total Linux dummy, so I know I followed his prereq steps properly.

31st January 2014 (the date on his post) is a very long time ago so I wonder if anyone has seen newer instructions, or scripts, from someone else (or him elsewhere). Either Windows or Linux solutions are fine for me, if the instructions are decent.
snark.shark is offline   Reply With Quote