View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #37
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I'm not comparing it to a different product. I'm comparing it to the same product in a different format.
Surely you realize that the difference in format makes it a different product, just as hardcovers and paperbacks are. Why are you not complaining that hardcovers and paperbacks should be the same price?

Ebooks and pbooks have different properties, offering different value.
Can the hardcover be delivered instantly on demand? Replaced for free if forgotten and read in multiple locations at once? Carried among hundreds or thousands of others with no additional weight or volume consumed? Have it's font changed on instant whim?

If those properties don't offer value to you, then it would certainly be dumb to pay for them, but to claim they are the same product is...what word would be allowed here...disingenuous, I think.

And what does Amazon's not setting of the prices have to do with their success and growth reports being an indicator of market behavior?

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 04-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote