View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #93
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Are the new Kobos still fragile in regards to the screen, in other words do they still have a breakable glass substrate? I ask this because of the mention of:
Quote:
Kobo Glo’s 6” high-res XGA E Ink Pearl touchscreen is ultra-thin and durable so nothing gets between you and your eBook, not even the brightest sunlight (or a little scratch). It’s just like reading print on paper, only better.
I've also noted that the Kobo press release pointedly describes the Glo screen as "durable". I have to wonder if these statements are a response to the Nook GlowLight and the infamous "holes" of light that can appear from even a slight tap, or in some cases spontaneously.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote