View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #51
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The article was bang on. But don't worry, nothing will change. Human inertia guarantees it.

As long as there is cheap storage and cheap communications (and that will only change if Civilization collapses, because there are too many other uses for the same infrastructure for it to be abandoned for the demands of I.P. owners.), there will be piracy.

Squeeze the Internet, up pops encrypted VPN. Squeeze them? You'd be squeezing every big corporation in the world, and they won't let that happen. Even if that happens, there's sneakernet. I saw 64GB SD chips for the mid $30 USD range range. That's 150+ hours of CD quality FLAC files, or 8 maxed out DVDs, a maxed out BLU-RAY, or who knows how many books (the mind boggles - 64,000?). Pass them to you friends by hand. Or encrypted in the mail. What's in them? Only you and The Shadow know...(and the recipient, of course) Shucks, I can build an encryption methodology that's take weeks for the NSA to crack. (Wouldn't do Hollywood any good, besides, I don't deal with the MAFIAA.)

So the status quo will remain, and the MAFIAA will keep trying to bring on a police state to try to bring back the past.

Good Luck...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote