View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
Chammou
Chammou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks again, ATdrake and Diapdealer for you help.
I've had some success using mobipocket creator. I've produced a book with both a clickable toc and footnotes.
I had been getting this error message when trying to add 'guide' and t.o.c:
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mobipocket.com/Mobipocket%20Creator/rsrc/html/guide.html

I saw elsewhere on this forum that this was a problem caused by ie9. I had ie9 installed but wasn't using it so didn't think it could possibly affect me. At first I didn't uninstall as suggested. I wasted a lot of time. Now that i've uninstalled ie9 and only have ie8 mobipocket creator seems to work fine.

One problem now is my table of contents shows up twice in my ebook; i've noticed this in another ebook i have seen.

Another problem is that if i see anything that i want to change in a book i've made using mobipocket reader, I have to to back to word and make the change, then convert to filtered html, and then redo the book with mobipocket creator. This means doing the cover image, toc, book settings and metadata and guide all over again.

If you are selling a book you want to be available in every conceivable format, such as epub, mobi, etc, which format should you use first? My books are mostly in word. Once i've created a .mobi with mobipocket, do i have to start all over again with the same word file to create for example an epub with sigil?

thanks again for most useful help.
Chammou is offline   Reply With Quote