View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I cannt help with current crop of ereaders, but just wanted to comment that if MY pb360 (just over 2 years old now =-) ) were to break, I would go out and buy one of the newer PB360s.

I just love the ereader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
With thanks to users in this very forum, I bought a Pocketbook 360 several years ago and I'm very glad I did. It's served me faithfully and been worked quite hard since, but sadly emerged from my carry-on broken following a trans-atlantic flight. Despite the integral screen cover the screen is broken and I now find myself, an Englishman in New York, without an eReader.

I bought a PB602 (I think!) some time ago but simply didn't like it and it now gathers dust. The things I liked most about the 360 was the FBreader180 that gave page turns at the flick of the wrist, the size, weight and ambidextrous form-factor. Another user on this forum kindly helped me get a dictionary on there and working.

My main wants in descending order:
Customisable (eg. fonts, font size, etc), wrist-page turns, ambidextrous, small/light, supports epub (and multi-format), dictionary.

I saw there is a new 360+ out, does it support RBReader180? Is there a small 6" close to the size of the PB360? Performance and screen quality are important, though less so than the above and price isn't an issue. If I can walk into a store somewhere in NY, even better :-) Is the Nook any good? Can it be used with ePubs bought from random stores? My thanks in advance for any advice and all advice most gratefully received.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote