View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #8
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
1) very slow everywhere. even next page or prev page flashes the display to a negative image and takes nearly 2 seconds (at my estimate). i read fast and this really, really slows me down.
Agreed -- for many of us (me included) this is our first experience with an e-ink device and the inherent slowness of screen refresh. Since there is no way to speed up the refresh, it's even more important for Amazon to streamline the software and require fewer selections to accomplish tasks -- the 'remove from kindle' click-chain is especially excruciating. There's just no way that e-ink web browser can be a truly satisfying experience, given the hardware limitations of the screen.

I can read OK with the smallest font and this helps make the slow screen refresh bearable (although I wish there were a font in between sizes 1 and 2, and that they didn't have so much blank space at the top and bottom of each page -- give me as much text as possible, don't waste it).
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote