View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever View Post
Hellow

Why amazon selling the best e-reader for the lowest price? backround?

That's not normal and will lead a lot of people to buy this amazon e-reader, including me. Because allmost everyone thinks in a way like: "wow so many goodies in this new kindle e-reader and for that price? OMG - I must have it.."
ALOT of people will have an amazon reader.

Of Course amazon get alot out of selling digital letters (INFORMATION) and we'll also will have alot of nice books and storys. Good Deal for both sides, but what is the real price?
I've ordered one too, but ....

I think the best reader at the lowest price is arguable.

The kindle is a cheap plastic device. They're probably making a profit on every kindle sold.

Many readers on the market has more advanced functionality in areas than the Kindle (For instance EPub support with SVG, Nook with the color screen. Pretty much all manufacturers have their good selling points)

Many readers on the market have more expensive build quality than the Kindle. (For instance the Sony readers)

But ofcourse, Amazon is doing a wonderfull job of marketing eBooks and moving the market for ebook devices forward ... IMHO they truly deserve a lions chare of the market. I do hope that they will promote open standards such as EPUB in the future. I think the publishers need one format, so that they can start focusing on quality in their eBooks.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote