View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Seems quite normal to me as a UK citizen. The word has lost its profane overtones in many places in the UK and is as commonplace as 'bugger' 'crap' 'shit' and 'bastard'.
The word doesn't bother me at all, either. I'm just wondering if it is indeed reflective of the character's mindset, or a laxity in creative writing.

I have no plans to read the book - but not because of the language. There are other titles I'd rather read.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote